Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A New Start

Writing a blog post. A new concept to me as this is my first one. Many of my friends have blog sites and I love reading them each day and watching as their families change and grow, so I thought it was about time that I created my own so that my friends and family could see us from afar.
Finlay 3 and Lucas 20mths

I have a wonderful family. My husband and I have been married for almost 4years and have two beautiful little boys and a little one on the way - we certainly haven't been wasting any time lol. We have recently moved from the beach to country life surrounded by mountain ranges, cows and crops. And as the title suggests we live on a hill. I love it out here. The fresh air, the friendly people, the ease of lifestyle. I don't miss the business of suburbia at all and I can't ever imagine going back to that way of life.



Our house is an 1920's rambling Queenslander with verandahs all around. It is the house I have dreamed of since I was a little girl. Inside is in need of a lot of work, especially painting as almost every room as never been painted. It is going to take years to just get the painting done but I guess there aren't really any time limits. I would love the baby's room done in time for her arrival in 8weeks but we will see how we go.


Sunrise over our land
We live on five beautiful acres, which seems huge to us but is just a house yard compared to some of the farming properties around us. For us though it is managable as Andrew works long hours and we love to have family times on weekends. I'm itching to get out into the gardens but it isn't a priorty at this point. There are quite alot of roses already in the front and I'm planning on doing it all as a cottage garden. Even the house yard is huge compared to our 615sqm block in suburbia. We have so many plans for the house and land that I just don't know where to start.

Since moving we have added a new addition to our family in the form of a puppy called Lola ( My son loves the kids program Charlie and Lola). She is a border collie with a bit of blue cattle. Very sweet natured but can be a bit boystrous for the boys. They will all be good mates eventually I'm sure.



Lola 10 weeks, the day she joined us

Lola 4 months old


Things that are different to get use to are:

  • mooing of cows
  • Walking 250mtrs just to get the mail
  • Taking the bin out the 250mts and bringing it back up (least favourite thing)
  • The peace of knowing the kids are no where near a road, even when we are out of the house yard
  • The lack of neighbours (we have fantastic neighbours about 100mtrs away unlike suburbia where neighbours are three mtrs away)
  • The freedom to have space
  • Relying on our own source of water - thank God for precious rain
  • And so many more, and those yet to be discovered

We have been so blessed to have found this life for our family and we thank God each day. Hopefully this is the start of many blogs from us Irvings, as our family grows, and this little plot of dirt becomes our own.

2 comments:

Renata said...

Great blog!!! The boys have grown up so much - Lucas looks completely different! What gorgous photos you have & such a lovely place. The sunset photo is really lovely - great as the header as well! It was so nice talking to you this morning. Will add your blog to my blogroll (hope that's alright!)
Love & kisses to you all
Nata

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Wow, Tan & Andrew... great blog, Im adding it to my google reader!

The house is GORGEOUS! Love your views and lola is a cutie too. What a great atmousphere for you and the kids!

Beautiful!

Love,
Kate & boys xx