Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cubby Building


My boys (yes all three) are so excited as we scored a cubby house from a demolition site that my stepdad was involved in. It is suppose to be up high like a fort with a huge slide and sandpit underneath but for the sake of mummies nerves and to hopefully incur less injury we are just having it at ground level for now. The boys helped daddy put it together on saturday. It still needs the roof to be put on but it is all colourbond with sharp edges at little Lucs height so we will wait until we can trim it with rubber hosing.

Even little fingers and hands were in on the job. I just love watching the boys imitate their dad and try to do things so seriously. Finlay is such a helper.

I'm not sure what is scarier. Luc hurting himself on the cubby or Luc helping with tools in hand. They both had so much fun and felt so important that they were using daddy's tools and doing big boy jobs.

Of course there is always time for a quick ride in dad's fathers day present - or should I say the boys new toy.

I will post a pic of the cubby once it is complete. We also managed to get an animal pen/cage sort of thing that is quite big. We are planning on converting it to a chicken house and yard. Hopefully should be up and functional in the not too distant future. Can't wait to have chickens and lots of eggs for yummy biccies and cakes.

3 comments:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

what a tease those photos are! Can't wait to see the cubby!
K x

Kate said...

you farm girl you with your eggs and bikkies and cakes :) :) the boys are so adorable..looks like they're having an awesome time! love you guys xx

Renata said...

How good is that?!?! They're going to LOVE that cubby - & get lots of use of it. Glad you could get the chook house (well stuff to convert to one anyway). I love having chickens - one thing I really missed over the last weekend (besides Dave & kids of course ) was the sound of my rooster - oh no I must be crossing over!!!LOL